We just found out that our baby is a baby GIRL. That generation in my family has been mostly girls. My brothers have a combined number of 8 girls and 3 boys. So Janelle and I will be adding another girl to that count. We decided on the name about 6 years ago. We had always thought our first child would be a girl so we went ahead and picked out a name.
Amelie is a french name, normally written "Amélie", though we're dropping the "accent aigu" as to not complicate things for others and her too much. Christine is Janelle's mother's name, and we thought it flowed well as a middle name after Amelie.
We're both very excited for her to join our lives. About 5 months left to go... and we've got a lot of preparing left to do. We've already purchased some FANCY reusable cloth diapers. I was skeptical of the idea, as I think most people are seeing as I've not know any one to use them, but now that we've seen and held the product... I'm thinking it'll work great. Here's a link to what we bought. Swaddlebees, they aren't those cloth diapers grandma used!
Well... here is a video of the most recent sonogram.
3 comments:
Congratulations! I thought I had commented on your last blog, but apparently it was only in my head. I'm so excited for you! I've heard of a lot of people who have used the "new" cloth diapers and are really happy with them. I'm proud of you already having a name. We always struggle with that to the very end...
I am so excited about your little girl on the way!! My sister Dayna uses cloth diapers and loves it. I just spent a week with her and learned quite a bit. She has special diaper covers made of a special kind of wool - if I am remembering correctly. She uses them at night and they prevent leaks. She has never had wet pj's or sheets. I can find out more if you are interested
Yea!!! I am super excited for you both, and I absolutely love the name. Thank you for sharing this special time in your life with us. Hope Janelle is feeling well and we look forward to hearing more. Pregnancy photos?!? :)
Post a Comment