Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation

Ben and I just got back from the BEST vacation EVER! His parents, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and everyone came together to celebrate. This is Ben and his family.

When we got to MN, we stayed with his sister Sue and her husband for the first night and had a good time catching up. Then his dad came to get us and we went out to the Lake house. Ben immediately jumped into his suit and started to play in the lake. Here are a few pictures of Ben with his Nieces & nephew teaching them about what to do if your canoe ever sinks. There can always be a lesson in a really fun game!





I realized after we got home, that there are only 2 of me on my camera. This is one of them. :)


The kids & Ben all wanted to go tubing on the boat. I of course was banned from all water sports except for swimming in the lake (of which I opted not to do) and riding in the boat. This is Ben's dad driving the boat and dragging the kids with Ben behind.








After tubing - Ben and the girls spotted a group of canadian geese swimming around the lake and tried to swim after them - it didn't work very well.

After a failed attempt at catching up with the geese, Ben became father goose leading his ducklings ashore and everyone jumped on board.
Then there was MORE canoe tipping! His mom did mention that it needed to be cleaned out and I think they did a pretty thorough job!

That night we made s'mores and I certainly had enough for two - YUMMY!

While out there we also saw the fireworks - which were never ending. They'd have a big finally and then stop..and 3 minutes later start again...it was so strange. There were 5 finally's I think.

That Monday, prior to flying out, we took a cruise tour down the Mississippi. Her is Ben entertaining some of his nieces.




The OTHER picture of me on vacation - don't we look happy?

After the boat tour was a trip to Mall of America where I got some video but no actual pictures.
Then when we landed and got back to our car, we discovered this....

Yep a sprite can exploded from the heat - It was actually kind of cool.
And alas, as soon as we landed my pigs and legs ached so much. Turns out that on the plane they swelled BIG TIME.

Then the next day they looked like this...and still do. Unfortunately I think my ankles will look like this or worse for the next month and half.

Or I could tell everyone I fell down the stairs (as I usually do) and twisted both my ankles and thus they are swollen - but that would be a lie - a good story but a lie.

So no more vacation - back to reality. Now I guess I had better start getting a few things for this upcoming baby. Can you believe that I still haven't done much to prepare. Eh...it will all work out, I've got PLENTY of time!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Awesome Sprite can picture! I've never seen that before. I bet that was a sticky mess.

Ugh. I don't envy the pregnancy swelling in the heat of summer. Keeping your feet up really does help, but who has time to sit around all day. Not me either.