Favorite Game:
Ding Dong. (pull up your shirt, find your belly button and jab your finger inside the belly button and say ding dong!). The funniest part is when she tries to do it at church. She pulls her dress up to discover she's in a onesie and can't find her belly button. So she then tries to UNDO her onesie by grabbing her crotch with her dress pulled up and though I can't imagine what everyone else is thinking, I'm breaming with love at how cute she is.
Favorite Food:
Pasta, Mac N' Cheese and Spaghetti. Also LOVES fruit, corn and breads.
Least Favorite Food: Meat - most ends up on the ground as she doesn't like the texture.
Things she LOVES:
~ Emptying the dishwasher. She empties the bottom rack. She pulls one dish out walks it over to me, gives it to me (I put it away) and goes to get another. We do this until the entire bottom rack is empty and then I put most of the upper dishes/cups on the bottom rack so she can "empty" that too.
~ Laundry. We have a routine when it comes to washing clothes and I swear one of these day's I'll get Kent to video it for my memory file. We get a stool/chair/something for her to stand on. We turn the water on, I pour the detergent in and we do a little jig at the sound of the water going into the tub. Then I hand her one item at a time to put into the washing machine. When it gets full on that half of the washing machine (as her arms can't spread the clothes out), we turn the tub together until we have an empty or less full area to fill. Then we continue this routine until the tub is full. Then we wait for the machine to start. Once it starts we dance to the beat. Then we lower the lid, pat it tight, maybe do another jig and then leave. I LOVE doing the laundry with her.
~ Sweep - Amelie insists on helping sweep - which ensures that no actual sweeping takes place but she LOVES the broom and always wants to help.
~ Play pretend food. At least once a day she offers me a pretend bite of something in her hands. Always delicious and low calorie!
~READ. We cannot read enough in our house. We go to the library once a week for new books and she is often found sitting on the floor reading to herself.
~ Dancing. Dancing is encouraged at all moments of the day. Now she's starting to move her feet as well as occasionally her hips and arms.
~ Sesame Street & Barney - mainly because they both incorporate music. She loves music!
~ Toby, our cat. She loves Toby and Toby tolerates her most days but they often play hide and seek of which Toby wishes she didn't seek.
~Loves to play Peek-a-boo, whether with her hands or a curtain or her blankets.
~ Loves to go for walks in her stroller. If we got outside for anything, she makes a beeline to her stroller and WILL sit in it until you take her for a walk. I've seen her sit in it patiently waiting for 15 minutes (while we did yard work) and refuse to come out until a proper walk has been done.
~ Loves to talk. She babbles all the time and has a good selection of words she knows well. She also says hi or waves to every person or car that passes by. Today we were at Target and a large group of employees passed us and she insisted on waving and saying hi to all of them. :) Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi!
~ LOVE, LOVE, LOVES her Kenny. Her uncle Kent is her favorite person! Her face lights up when he's around and I've even seen her attempt to flirt with him. She loves him and always wants to snuggle with him and watch the game on his computer (BBall).
~ Balloons
~ Singing Cards.
Things she HATES:
~ Having anything in her hair or on her head.
~ Having her diaper changed.
~ Carrots. She wont eat carrots.
There are a million other wonderful things about her but right now those are just a few that I wanted to capture and write down so I didn't forget them. I absolutely love being a mom and love being HER mom. She makes me very very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment