Two stories I want to remember for Amelie...
1. After we moved to MN, Amelie's first Sunday at church she sat with me for a short while and then dad for a bit during sharing time at church (where all the kids come together for a lesson and singing). Then after her lesson they all split up and went to class. This was THE FIRST TIME Amelie has gone to Sunbeams (her class name) all by herself willingly. Usually it starts with us going with her and then finding some excuse to leave. FIRST TIME. Which SHOCKED us. It was in a new ward with new people and somehow her teacher was able to reach out to her and make an impression and Amelie did it! We were so proud!
So after class Amelie's teacher told us that she learned about Adam and Eve. So on the way home I was asking Amelie what she learned in class. She said her typical "I don't know" comment and after a few more questions she finally told me she learned about Adam and Steve.
Adam and Steve huh? Don't you mean Adam and Eve? I asked her. She then reaffirmed that no, they had learned about Adam and Steve. And after that there was no changing her answer.
Fast Forward 1 month...
2. Amelie and I are in Florida doing a simple home school packed on the letter A (one we've done several times now). The packet was A is for Adam. To which she proudly then tells us that Adam lives in MN and that she misses his family.
A while ago she associated the name Adam - as in the Prophet Adam - as in the first Man Adam to our good friend Adam who lives in MN. And she will tell you that He is Adam the Prophet. Lucky guy!
So whenever we talk about Adam the prophet she talks about him, as she is convinced in her 3 year old mind, that he IS Adam the prophet.
So on one of her homeschooling packets it's a match up pictures. Four pictures in the left column, 4 pictures in the right column and you match the pictures together. Large Apple goes with the apple tree etc.
Well one of the photos was a picture of Adam (as in Adam and Eve Adam). And the other column had a photo of Eve.
To test Amelie's knowledge of what we had just learned about, I pointed at the picture of Adam and said - who is that? She said Adam. I pointed to the picture of Eve and said, who is that? She proudly declares it to be Amanda (Adam's wife).
I start laughing and say, no Amelie, this is Adam the prophet, so who is this. She then again says Amanda. Mom, Adam is married to Amanda - as if I had somehow forgotten this little tidbit.
I bust out laughing because she is just far too smart and then correct her and say, no this isn't Amanda it's eve. And then the little bugger says no mom - it's Steve. To which she bursts out laughing. I knew there was no hope after that and moved onto the next page.
Love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment