Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Big 'Ol Fashion Shout Out

I just wanted to give a whole hearted shout out to a guy named Isaac Mizrahi. For those of you who are unfamiliar with my new best friend, let me introduce you...

Isaac is a fashion designer. Not just any fashion designer but a designer who is willing to take risks in the fashion world. Most designers design the same things that everyone else is. They lack creativity and thinking "outside the box" usually means LESS fabric. How UN-original. But not my good friend Isaac. Isaac has taken a bold new stand, a daring adventure in the design world to create a dress (and not just one but MANY) that is cute, fashionable and modest.

The terms fashion and modest rarely go together unless your talking skirt & shirt - and even at that you often have to think skirt and two shirts. One to go under and one to go over. But our good friend Isaac Mizrahi has done it. He has combined Fashion & Modesty all in one and no, they don't look like something that only your mother or grandmother would wear...they are cute & stylish. The other GREAT thing about Issac is that his dresses don't cost an arm & a leg and they aren't sold in "specialty" stores. His dresses can usually be found in the $30 -$40 range and if you know where to look you can find them in the clearance sections too. Isaac has teamed up with Target and for that, I have to give Target a shout out too. I am so happy and excited that Target has had the guts to carry modest dresses. And for that, I am now the proud owner of 5. Two of which I got for $9.99 on sale on their website!

So for all of you who do not live in Utah and struggle to find a DECENT MODEST dress, check out Target and look for the name Isaac Mizrahi. I can honestly say that this is the first time in the 7 years I've lived in Florida that I have seen a modest dress in a store that a) didn't cost a ton of money and b) didn't have sequins - if you catch my drift.

No comments: