Yah... They are still growing, I haven't killed them yet. I figured that they were getting plenty of water from the 3-4 days of scattered showers per week, and thus wasn't watering them myself the past month. The little one worried me though. Janelle too... as she called Tytyga.com where we bought the trees from to ask them why we have no fruit this year. They say that regardless of a wet season... these guys want WATER, and that we should give it twice daily (unless it be raining lots).
A neighbor down the road has a banana jungle for a back yard and we like to drive by and stare from time to time. We noticed today that there was some fruit hanging over his fence and dubbed them to be public property. So in a few weeks when they are ripe... we are sooo getting some free bananas. Mmmmmm free.
Looks like I'll be splitting off a few of the baby sprouts... since the big double tree has 3 other babies now shooting out of the ground. Any body want a banana tree?
No comments:
Post a Comment