Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Was it only a week or two ago that I took off to Portland for a quick getaway? It seems much longer than that!

So aforementioned, I took off for a few days to Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA to visit family and friends. For some reason, I took VERY few pictures and thus for your viewing pleasure, a taste of OR in April.

If you live in the Portland area, and haven't had the opportunity to visit the Rhododendron Gardens, it's well worth the $3 visitor fee - just use the restrooms before you go.

(the random people in these next pictures are my brother & his family, my sister and her daughter and my parents).







Another site you must visit if in the area is Multnomah Falls. The hike to the bridge takes a matter of moments and it's only a mile hike up from the bottom. It's a fantastic site to visit and well worth the hike!



And lastly, my BFF Kate and her husband put me up in the evenings at their home. It was sooo wonderful to spend my few evenings with them and their new daughter Brea. I was able to ask Kate a million questions about having a baby as well as just catch up. Even though it's been something like 3 years since we've seen each other, it felt like days. I wish we were closer but will have to do with seeing each other only every few years.

And sadly enough that's the only picture I have of us..and none of Mike. :(

No comments: