Monday, June 28, 2010

32 weeks

Well here we are at 32 weeks. Amelie is moving and grooving as usual and growing every day. Here's what's new:

1. Swelling - even my toes swell. :(

2. I have 2 knots/bone spurs/who knows what on the bottom of my left foot and no matter how much Ben rubs them they refuse to leave. So, now I wear my Teva Mush flip flops 24/7 as they are the most comfortable sandal in the world and the only way I can walk most days.

3. Still no cravings. So strange.

4. She got the hiccups twice a week ago but that was the only time.

5. Her movements are more rolling than jerking except when she gets stuck by my rib and starts to kick with all she's got. Now that is the CRAZIEST thing to watch and feel.

--------------------------------

Other news.

1. Today is Ben's big 3-0. It's a bit odd. I've not spent a birthday with him in 3 years (I think) and I have no idea what to do. He got his birthday/father's day gift a week ago (i-pad 3g) and is quite happy with it. So I think we'll do cake and ice cream with my brother & his family tonight before we take off to MN tomorrow.

2. Today is also my 32 week ultra sound. I thought it would be wonderful to have it on Ben's birthday - a great way to see his daughter but unfortunately, he has a work meeting down by Ocala and can't come. :(

3. We leave for MN tomorrow to spend a week with all of Ben's family. I can't wait to see all the nieces and nephews as I've not seen them in years. For the past few years due to various circumstances, Ben's flown solo to MN and I've gone solo to UT/ID/WA to visit family and so we've not seen each others family except for when they come here! It's crazy but was the only way we could do it. So this is really quite a treat. I've gotten permission from my doctor to fly and will be taking my medical records with me - just in case. I am though a little nervous about all the stairs I'll be climbing. Not because I'm out of shape (of which I am) but because it seems that I fall down them a lot up there. It's the craziest thing but I am the least coordinated person in the whole world and for some reason, I always slip and go down. But don't worry, I'll be EXTRA careful now that there are two of us. :)

That should catch you up for now on our life.

No comments: