Ephram turned 4 months. He's one big boy and we love every single one of his rolls. Amelie especially loves him and that makes us pretty stinking happy!
A week ago (maybe 2), Ben and I were in the office. I was concentrating on something and he says "Wow, those sirens sound really close." I hadn't noticed the sirens until he mentioned it. And then didn't think anything of it. He goes into our bedroom and shouts, the building's on fire!
I thought he was talking about ours and my thoughts instantly went to the kids. Ephram was taking a nap and Amelie was downstiars. I jump up and he says look, look outside the building across from us is on fire.
I run down stairs, open the door and all I see is smoke. The fire had been put out in the few seconds it took me to run down the stairs. So we went outside to see what was happening and Amelie wanted to watch the firemen for a while. After things died down, we went back inside, opened up the blinds and watched from inside (it was a bit chilly out that day).
Our theory is that a cigarette started the fire. The people who lived in that apartment smoked. And the bushes around the complex are super dry. It wouldn't take much to light them on fire. However that is just our theory. It was an outdoor only fire - thank goodness! It was also the SECOND fire in 6 months here! This is why we strongly believe in renters insurance. You just never know who your neighbors are or what they will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment