The other weekend I took a trip up to Marble Colorado. It was a bit of a drive but once I got there it turned out to be worth it. The brown patch is a house, the white patch is the bottom of the marble quarry and then the peak in the back is a mountain (in case you didn't know)

There is a creek/river that passes right next to the quarry. It was really beautiful.

After climbing up a steep trail - where for part of you need to use a rope to pull yourself up - you find where they actually cut the marble out. This was one section that looked like they started and then changed their minds and went to another section.

And this my friends, would be the "other" section. It looks grey/black but toss a little water on that and it would be sparkling white. This is a "live" quarry but there were no workers on Saturday. Pretty cool to see.

Me with the quarry behind me. :)

I found this strange wheel thing so thought I'd have myself a seat and take my photo...

Standing next to some precut marble slabs...see how white they turn out. This is where the Lincoln Memorial got their marble.
No comments:
Post a Comment