Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow in Florida?

Well the weather has certainly been cold enough for snow, our lowest was 17 degrees but this is not true snow, no, this is the mastermind of Benjamin Heath.  

The other day, I was baking bread.  Yummy yummy bread and in the process of my FIRST batch, I discovered "bugs" aka weevils in the dough.  A discovery which brought me to take a closer look into my flour and sugar.  In which I discovered a few "funky" things in my sugar AND flour and assumed they were bugs (and if not, I still wouldn't have used it) and tossed both ALMOST full cans.  

Instead of just putting the sugar in the garbage can, Ben said that we shouldn't waste it but toss the sugar on the flower beds as a way of feeding them.  So in doing this an ENTIRE can went into a small bed and the picture above is a hunk of sugar with our new neighbors - BEES and LOTS and LOTS of BEES.  Yes one bee discovered our flower bed Jackpot and sent the news onto his friends and before we knew it we had a SWARM of bees for DAYS and DAYS!! AAAHHHH!!!   - Needless to say, I don't think I'll listen to Ben's bright ideas unless we do it in the BACKYARD AWAY from where I park my car!! (smooches Benny)



  

2 comments:

Jac said...

Oh my gosh, TOO FUNNY!! (And a bit scary, but funny none-the-less!)

Heather said...

It sounded like a good idea!