Saturday, April 11, 2009

We're Rich - Stinkin' Rich

Ben and I have been doing a LOT of yard work lately. Last weekend, we filled 3 large yard bags full of debris and stacked up a big ol' pile of branches in the front yard for our yard people.

This weekend, we've filled another 3 bags of debris and cut down a tree...small tree...but a super annoying super growth tree that we've cut down before. This time we neglected it and let it get to be about 14 feet tall. That's about 1 years worth of growth - like I said super growth.

In all the hustle and bustle of yard work, we each discovered in our sections of the yard BLACKBERRIES!!

At first I thought they were 'mutant' blackberries but soon discovered that they are PERFECT and YUMMY and WONDERFUL. Quite frankly I've denied myself blackberries for about 7 years. I've just been too cheap to pay the high outrageous price for them in the grocery stores but now...I'm rich, absolutely rich in blackberries and in love. I love love love love fruit and especially berries...so I am in heaven with our new discovery. (and to think I was just telling Ben we need to work on clearing that section of our yard out!).


Look at all those berries! Now....a call for either mom. PLEASE HELP us tame these bushes so we can keep them forever! We are thinking of putting stakes in the ground with wire/wood for them to grow across to make rows of berries for easy picking.
OH and the best part was I didn't see a SINGLE bee! Heaven knows I wont pick berries when there are bees!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Im so jealous! I make David pull over on the side of the road when I think I see blackberries b/c Im way to cheap to buy them too! =)

Paige said...

Awesome! You are rich. I wish I had a blackberry bush hiding in my back yard. I had fun reading all of your posts from the past few months. We all miss you both!

Susan Ramsey said...

LUCKYYYYYYYY !!!