I was having a few problems yesterday with my computer not allowing me to upload my recently taken pictures from my camera, so this post will just have to be a day late and a layer short. :)
Yesterday, was Ben's birthday. Woo hoo! It's officially the THIRD one in a row that I've missed, and we are sincerely hoping that it's the last one I miss (but shhhh....that's a secret). So this year, I decided that though I'm not with him in Florida, I was still going to bake a cake. So me and my good friend Paula Dean got together last night and whipped up a 3 (*cough* 2) layer cake.
It was a Raspberry Limeade cake and as you can see...one of the layers REFUSED to come out of the pan. (one of those things I still haven't gotten used to - EVERYTHING sticks and takes at least 7 more minutes to cook than back home - and you have to use a bit more flour than your used to or it will be flat and weird looking).
So.....Whala. Happy Birthday Benny. It was scrumdiddlyumptious if I do say so myself. It's the thought that counts right? Plus, according to him, someone at church made him a homemade cake that he said was delicious.
Happy 29 years of life! Happy wishes, Happy memories and Happy day's come true!




No comments:
Post a Comment