Seeing as how not much about this year has been traditional, we decided to continue with our Snorkel trips during the holidays. So after presents were opened we took off to DeLeon Springs (?) to snorkel with our friends the Poors. John & Sarah are considered our family here and and we generally spend all holidays together. It was thus far, our LEAST favorite springs due to the overgrowth of moss and the water being somewhat mirky and not crystal clear as we are used to expecting - but worth a trip to experience.
Taking a break from snorkeling...

Ben attempting to push me over a cement wall that I didn't know existed.

Sarah, Emily & Matthew chillin' at the waters edge. This springs was a big "chilly" but that could be due to the fact that is was fairly overcast that day.

Woo-wee...What is that albino fish doing in the water? (the sad part is that that is a ROCKIN' TAN for me!)

John, testing out the snorkel gear....

Next we went to an old favorite - Blue Springs where snorkeling is off limits due to it being Manatee Season - which was AWESOME! We saw - I don't know - 10+ manatee's. It was really great and highly recommended for any Floridian to take advantage of while it's Manatee seasons.

The Actual Springs are the "dark" patch behind Sarah - A Poor Family Photo.

Ben and I - being ourselves.

Where was this "olive skin" tan earlier in the water? At least here I look like I'm the same color as Ben!

More Manatees!
1 comment:
We are all about non-traditional. Looks like a lot of fun! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment