So, as you can see I'm still pregnant and HUGE. Maybe I should make that bigger. I'm HUGE! My due date is Wednesday, Ben is convinced Amelie will come Thursday and I'm scheduled to be induced on Friday if she still hasn't arrived. Which worse case scenario (of which I always assume will happen with me) will be that I get the privilege of eating ice chips for 48 hours and she'll finally arrive Saturday night or Sunday sometime. LOL. Thus far, to my utter amazement, I've been wrong on everything.
I was convinced it would take us months to get pregnant.
I was convinced I'd miscarry.
I was convinced I'd be UBER sick during the pregnancy.
I was convinced I'd suffer unknown pain in my back due to my scoliosis.
I was convinced that I'd carry wide and not out.
I was convinced you'd be able to tell I was pregnant in my face and quite honestly that scared me.
And thus far, I've been wrong, very very wrong, on every account. But I still hold out on the one thing that my stubborn self believes to be true. I'll be late. I'll never deliver before or on my due date and that if I left the timing up to this chica, then I wouldn't be having her until the 24th. But alas, we wont be waiting to see, as I need a baby before the family flys in and quite honestly it makes it a whole lot easier for me to schedule it and have Ben here than to chance it and have him working in Orlando when it does happen.
After dinner, we went to Friendship Fountain downtown for some pictures and my brother is mistakenly convinced that he has a bit of a belly (which is really quite funny for my UBER skinny family and my 3 brothers & sister who are nothing but skin & bones - while I have always been the "thick" one in the family - which is somewhat funny too, or at least I'd like to believe it is). P.S. I'm also the runt - BIG TIME. I'll have to post a picture of me and my family after most of them get here and you'll see that I am the runt by a good 5" - thanks to the Bowen gene of which I seem to be the only one that inherited.
P.S. I'm not sure why the pictures are so grainy - camera was acting funny.
2 comments:
I hope that instead of reading this, you are in the hospital holding your sweet baby girl! Good luck in the days to come! Delivery is not as hard as everyone says! Hope all goes well!
OK, so after 3 years of knowing and all of our pregnacy talk - I didn't know you had scoliosis - I do to. We'll have to talk more.
Post a Comment