Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Little Pre-Baby Fun

I should be cleaning. I know I should - or yard work - or painting - or a million other things and instead, I'm giving myself a little fun treat. No not a real treat like the kind you eat and then later regret due to the acid it brings, but a fun treat that makes me smile and at times giggle. :)

A few years ago, when a friend had a baby, we made some fun onesies for them. Just stuff we made up and thought were quite original. To our surprise they said they used one of them as her take home outfit.

Anywho, I thought, well, here's my turn and I had better make me some onesies so she has at least a few cute outfits - though not quite as original as those back in the day. I had so much fun that I made a few for the above mentioned friends who just had a baby boy. But like I said these are no where near as cool or original as those first onesies we originally made and thus I'll have to get Ben to use creative juices to come up with a few more "original" ideas.

The other push to make these is that I think they are so cute but am NOT willing to pay $10 - $20 a piece for them that many retailers are asking. And so, alas, I make my own.

Anyway for your viewing pleasure, my future daughter will be wearing many of these in the months to come. Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to catch her in one.













Does anyone have ideas for other onesies? I have a few more blank canvases that I need to use and Ideas are always welcome!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ha ha! I like the last one. Caleb laughed too. :)