Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who Knew...

A few confessions.

1.  I haven't blogged lately because I haven't had anything to blog about.  Or so I thought.  You see, I couldn't think of a valid reason to blog and assumed I didn't have any photos to go with a blog so I just didn't do it.  Until today when I discovered that my camera DOES have photos of forgotten moments of  which I am glad to have taken and "remembered."

2.  Birthday blog post.  For the past 5 years or so I have done a lengthy blog post on my birthday summing up the last year of my life.  In general, they are sad and a bit depressing as I rant about life - usually what's been happening within the last few weeks and somehow tie it into the past year.  This year, I have not done one.  In all honesty, I couldn't think of a single thing to write.  My mind was a total blank.  There is plenty to talk about: staying home with Amelie as a stay at home mom, friends, family, adventures, the big move, adjusting to a new city, new ward(s) and new people.  But even with all this, I just couldn't come up with anything to write.  So alas, I think I'll skip my yearly tradition.  Perhaps I'll feel passionate at another time, but for now, let the blog tell my story.

That's it, just two confessions, not that you've actually noticed, but I have and in the end, that's what matters right?

1 comment:

Julia Orellana said...

Janelle - I love watching your family and keeping up with you through your blog. I get so excited when I see new posts!! And I am always grateful to hear your thoughts on things. I love to hear your perspective, as I don't always have the same initial reaction. Sometimes you convince me to think a bit differently, and sometimes I remain firm on my initial thoughts. But either way, I feel I learn something about you and about myself each time. I genuinely enjoy our friendship, and I am so thankful that we can continue it virtually!! I think the more frequent postings you do now are likely the reason for no birthday blog this year. You are now able to share your life on a much more regular basis PLUS document it with pictures. What a blessing! - Julia