Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Christmas Card

We sent out several different cards this year, but this one turned out to be my favorite. 





Merry Christmas!  I love this time of year when our thoughts turn to the true meaning of Christmas and we are given an opportunity to focus on our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love the lights, the excitement and the kindness that floats through the air as we each celebrate this holiday season in our own special ways.  We are especially excited about this year because Amelie is now two and able to better understand and enjoy this holiday with us.  Last year she choose a nap over opening presents and I have a feeling will choose opening presents over her nap this year!  I can't wait to see her face light up on Christmas morning, see her excitement as she opens gifts, bake cookies and carol to neighbors.  She loves to look at the tree and insists on touching and playing with each and every ornament on it - of which we love and encourage.  Our tree is one of memories, love and fun excitement collected over a lifetime and it warms my heart every time I see her face light up with each ornament.  

We have gone through so many changes this past year that I feel I should quickly catch everyone up.  A little over a year ago, we made the decision for me to quit my job and to stay home with Amelie.  It's a choice that I would make again and again.  I was nervous at first, as with any new adventure, and quickly came to realize that being a mother has been the greatest gift and blessing in my life.  I love it and cherish each and every day that I am home with Amelie.  She has grown so much in the past year that we are in awe of her each day.  Staying home with her is a decision that I haven't regretted once and am so grateful for all that Ben does to provide for us so that I can have this opportunity.  We look forward to the day that we will be blessed with another child and can continue to grow our family.  

As you know we moved in June to Fort Collins, Colorado.  It's the home to Colorado State University and is a young and vibrant city.  One that we have quickly fallen in love with.  It's family and outdoor friendly.  On nice days we love to go biking on the many trails, take Amelie for walks in her wagon, go to the many spectacular parks or stroll along the old town businesses while sipping our root beers and eating a lollypop.  The mountains are close by and we've spent many days up in them hiking around and have even had the opportunity to go camping.  It was a great experience and we hope to add camping to a constant rotation in our schedules.  Because of being outside as much as we can - enjoying perfect 70 degree days with low humidity, we've also lost some weight, feel better and seem to be happier about our life and where it is going.  Our once active lives had grown mundane and lazy while in Florida and now that we have escaped the humidity and mosquitos, we are eating up the great weather as long as we can and are told that winters are mild here because of our position to the mountains.  We've had several days of snow already which have quickly melted away and brought more wonderful days of sunshine.

I'm not sure how else to tell you about our lives other than to break it down individually and what's been going on.

Amelie:

Sadly earlier this year she broke her leg when she fell two feet (who would have thought!).  She healed quicker than expected and had the cast removed one week before we moved!  
Amelie turned two in August and we were very blessed to have family from Minnesota, Idaho and Utah all come to celebrate with us.  She's a smart, easy going and happy little girl.
She can count to twenty and knows her sight number to 10.
She knows her alphabet (sight and sound), phonics, shapes and colors.
We've also discovered that she has a knack for puzzles.  She loves I spy books and search and find puzzles and does quite well at them.  She's sharp as a tack and has an amazing memory, of which I attribute to Ben.
Her favorite activities are arts and crafts, reading books and baking.  She often requests to bake for her afternoon activities and has gotten to be quite the expert at assisting me.  With most of our baking projects she does everything that does not require heat.  She helps to measure, pour and mix all the ingredients.  And is now assisting with cracking eggs.  But anyone who knows me, will know that my love of baking will surely be passed on to my children as my mother passed it on to me.
She's also quite the talker.  She began talking early and was speaking in sentences by her second birthday.  There are few words we can't understand and find it nice to be able to hold conversations with her at such a young age.  
Overall she's a happy, cautious child who is quick to give hugs and kisses and loves to snuggle every chance she gets.  She's a mini Ben in her mannerisms and I couldn't be more in love with her and her adorable personality.

Janelle:

I have embraced my inner desire to craft and to be more creative and I have excelled in the past year.  I love nap times as they are my craft time, and tend to spend more time making messes than cleaning them!  I'm a multi-tasker and can be counted on to have 10 craft/projects going on at once.  I love it.  I belong to several craft swap groups and have made many new friends through this. My ultimate goal in life is to be a good mother.  Provide a loving atmosphere for our family and have even been learning to become a better cook.  Though Ben will always be a better cook than I and I will always be better at baking, I have been learning more and find cooking to be enjoyable.  I spend every moment I can spending one-on-one time with Amelie and love being a mom.  I can't begin to describe how honored I am that my Heavenly Father trusted me enough to allow me the opportunity to raise His beautiful child.  

Ben:

How do you describe Ben?  He's the most loving, patient, and tenderhearted individual I've ever met.  He's forgiving, kind and always puts others needs before his own and I have never heard him utter a negative word about anyone.  We celebrated our 9 year anniversary in August and look forward the a lifetime of memories.  Moving to Colorado was a big decision for us.  We had a great job in Florida and job growth opportunities.  And though he excelled in his line of work it was not where he wanted to be 5 years down the road.  So when the opportunity presented itself for us to move to Colorado and for him to work in a field that he DID want to see himself in 5 years down the road, we jumped on it.  The pay was less and the benefits were non existent, but the growth opportunities were quick to come and it was in a field that Ben loved.   He took the initial job doing work in search engine optimization.  And after only a few months with the company, quickly exceeded expectations and is now a Search Marketing Manager and assists with designing and building websites for various companies.  The company that he works for is Spark Logix Stuidos which has been growing by leaps and bounds since it was founded in 2010.  The best part of Ben, other than working hard to provide for his family is that he is an amazing father.  From the moment he gets home until the moment Amelie goes to bed, the two of them are inseparable.  Playing, laughing and lots of snuggles.  I couldn't be a prouder mother or wife and am so grateful that Ben's puts his family first at all times.  When Ben does have a few minutes of free time, he loves playing disc golf, a favorite sport growing up and luckily, there are several courses here in Fort Collins.

Our lives in Fort Collins aren't without their challenges but we continually look for the positive in each day. We thank the Lord for the blessings he has given to us this past year and are even proud to say that after six months, we are ALMOST unpacked!    We are so grateful for technology and the opportunity that we have to keep in contact with each of you.  And though we are not the best at writing each week, or month, know that we are always thinking of you and your families and cherish our friendship with each of you.


We love and appreciate all of you and the impact and influence you've had on our lives.

Merry Christmas!

The Heath Family.  Ben, Janelle, Amelie & Toby Cat.

No comments: