My dear friends, I am sure the first thought when I mention bump, is my baby bump - which is far bigger than a bump, it's more like a road sign that screams, I'm pregnant, let me cut in line to pee please!
However, this post isn't about my baby bump. It's about my rump bump. Though no pictures for this post, you'll just have to trudge through this for the next two weeks to make some sense.
TWO weeks ago, I bumped my rump on a box in my kitchen. I was bending over (really more like squatting down) to find a pan. Unfortunately, the pan has gone missing and I whacked my tailbone on a box. The whack brought tears to my eyes and hurt. First of all I couldn't believe I had actually whacked it. Second, I couldn't believe how hard I whacked it. And third, I couldn't believe how much it hurt.
So as usual, me the klutz, has injured myself again. I've whacked my tailbone before. And though tender for about 24 hours, it generally heals pretty quickly. Sadly this was a Thursday that I whacked it. Friday night and Saturday we were driving from Colorado all the way to Minnesota. The entire trip resulted in me sitting on my tender tush for about 15 - 17 hours over two days. Yowza.
However, lucky for me, though a bit tender, my tush did remarkably well. Even better than my bladder which required a stop AT LEAST every 2 hours. And my wonderful husband and sweet child endured my endless potty breaks.
Eventually we made it to Minnesota and sadly my tail bone still hurt. In fact, it hurt more. I guess sitting on it non-stop wasn't the best idea. However I was not about to cancel my vacation plans for a stinkin' sore tailbone.
When I woke up Saturday my tail bone was still sore and over the course of the next week, it continually got worse. My first week of vacation was me attempting to do a few activities like canoe rides, boat rides, swimming and a whole lot of games. But then again, there was a lot of sitting on the couch, laying on the couch and in general trying to be still.
Walking became painful. Sitting down for the first few minutes (anywhere) was painful and standing from a sitting position became almost unbearable. I would shriek in pain every move I made. The pain just kept getting worse that by Saturday night I was almost in tears to walk even a few feet.
Unfortunately there is NOTHING that can be done. Tylenol, donuts and enduring the pain was about all that could be done and seeing a doctor was pointless as they couldn't do anything for me either.
By Sunday I was in so much pain that at one point, after Ben helping me to stand, I began to cry because the pain was just too much. Since then I have literally laid on the couch, sat on the couch and sat on my memory foam donut doing a whole lot of nothing but reading, making scarves and playing games.
Luckily, Ben's entire family is amazing, him included. All the cousins, grandparents and aunt and uncle made sure that Amelie had someone to always play with. They took her swimming, on boat rides, and helped her do just about everything so that I could stay still and hopefully recover.
We even celebrated her 3rd birthday out here and while I sat in a chair the ENTIRE time, everyone helped her with her dance party (a must), her pinata, opening presents and cutting the cake. There are no words to express how grateful I am to have them all in my life and going the extra mile so that I can attempt to recover.
It's now been two weeks since the initial whack. And though it's still painful to initially sit and still painful to initially stand, the pain has gone from a 10 to a 7. This is HUGE. I am hoping that I will continue to get better each day so that I can endure our road trip home come Friday night and Saturday.
So as you look through the pictures of the next two weeks, you'll notice that I am not in very many and despite that, Amelie is having a great time. We are so very lucky to have so much help and love surrounding us!
No comments:
Post a Comment