So yesterday, June 24, 2008 I went up through Independence pass to the Continental Divide. If you'd like to see comparison pictures, please see my facebook account for the same pictures 1 year ago...they are quite a bit different.
I wasn't going to go up so soon but then after seeing the snow quickly melt off the tops of the mountains I thought better about it - as I wanted to see snow in June.

What a great idea...hike up a mountain in snow shoes for 20 minutes for the GREATEST ride of your life down....if only I had a large enough cookie sheet or someone sold sleds in JUNE! But it sure looked fun.

The first time I got out of the car I thought - hey this isn't so cold..I can handle this. My cute 75% off mittins, thin sweater and scarf will surely save me from this little chill......YEA RIGHT!


This is the mountain you can sled down.....and there is NO ski lift to get you up!

Now that I've experienced a few minutes at 12,000 feet and 40 something degrees, I've run back to the car, put on a medium weight jacket and my very warm snow gloves....MUCH better...but not GREAT...did I mention that right before this picture was taken it started to rain with hail?!?

Note the rain/hail drops on the camera....HURRY!!

I got tired of smiling - GRRRR!!

Beautiful snow all over mountains!!

After I got back to the car...my hands were frozen...Now don't get me wrong - the gloves were FABULOUS!! but in order to take pictures, I needed to take them off and they got chilly very very quickly - so this is my frozen fingers picture....Ben..note the ring...believe it or not, I've worn it EVERY DAY without FAIL!!! I'm so proud...took 5 years but I finally have gotten in the habit of wearing it every day...Then again..not having to wash dishes....EVER...helps. I think for my birthday I want a maid...I LOVE having a maid 3 times a week...the best invention EVER!! (wink, wink, wink)
2 comments:
Welcome to Colorado! I'm so far behind on email. I'm so sorry. We would LOVE to see you! Give me a call sometime soon and we'll set something up! We would most certainly love to come up there and visit you! The kids are excited! I'll email you my phone number and stuff!
That's RIGHT! It can still snow!
HA!!!
I wish I was back home in Colorado... :(
Post a Comment