Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Evil Ringworm

It started with a mosquito bite...
turned into ringworm...
appeared on my neck...
and now on Janelle's back.

I had a ring on my neck but was successful at killing it with random methods. But it has started coming back as you can see. It starts of as a red bump, like a bug bite, and if it has time it grows into a ring as the fungus spreads. Boooo!!! We tried some ointment a dermatologist prescribed...but to no avail. So, I've read about thousand different home remedies online like sea salting it, putting New Skin (liquid bandaid) on it, burning notebook paper and putting the oil like residue on it, etc. So If you know of a sure fix, clue us in.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh!!!!! I am SO sorry you guys! That STINKS!!

Unknown said...

You have a brother that is a competant pharmacist. You should solicit his help. It does not look like ring worm by the way and what did the dermatologist prescribe?

John

Nonna said...

Ringworm...this is not what you guys have...I had it a couple of times as a kid and it looks like a big, red worm in a spiral configuration...I contracted it from polluted water where I was playing and had an open cut. It was hard to cure it !

Tiffanie said...

That is CRAAAAAAAAZY! I don't know what to tell you but, hi! Hope you guys are doing well! Miss you both!

Carrie said...

Ugh!!! That is so frustrating. Are you sure it's ringworm? Seth and I had a staph infection that we passed back and forth for months in Jacksonville. It was realy gross and awful. Good luck getting rid of whatever it is!