Let me give you some more background information than Ben did. When I first went to see a dermatologist about this - it looked EXACTLY like ring worm! But of course this "doctor" didn't think it was and prescribed me Altabax (a $60 ointment for impetigo - look it up...trust me it doesn't look ANYTHING like what I had.)
So after a few weeks of using this stuff, the "impetigo" did not going away. Instead, Ben started getting this mystery thing on his neck, then face, then other side of his neck, then under his chin, then back and then I got it on my back...wow! that's a lot of spreading WHILE USING THE $60 ointment (HOLY COW that's a lot to spend on a cream).
So finally we got frustrated - convinced that it was ring worm from the beginning and even more convinced that the "doctor" was an idiot and had no idea what she was talking about so we went out and purchased $3.00 Athlete's Foot Cream (Terbinafine Hydrochloride Cream).
For those of you who don't know, Athlete's foot is a sister fungus to ring worm and the creams are all about the same.
And guess what - after only 3 days of using it, Ben's "ringworm" went away completely! Mine is still going away but my body FREAKS out 10x more than his to EVERYTHING. So it will take a bit longer for mine to go away - but we have seen significant improvements!
As for the pictures that don't look like ring worm (as most of them are that way), The pictures were taken in the "beginning" stages - BEFORE the true ring appeared. Trust me, this is how the last one started (after the mosquito bite went away).
Whew...not to say that you all aren't right, but somehow, as funny as it may be, the $3.00 cream worked at killing off what ever it is that has been attacking us for the past month.
Now I know why all of you have been avoiding us lately - you didn't want it too! :(
But we're better! Back up and running and so far - spread free since using this NEW cream so feel free to call us "friends" again!
BTW - John (you know who you are), we'll be calling you to start with, the next time we have an issue with anything! Thanks for offering your services to us knuckleheads in Florida.
2 comments:
Glad you are all on the mend...wouldn't you know an over the counter remedy would do the trick ?
I would have a few choice things to say to that dermatologist and that $80.00 tube of stuff !
Hey Janelle it's Sandy (Wallace)King. I found you through Shannon's page. That ringworm does not look like fun. Who knew the $3.00 cream would do the trick? I added you to my blog and I am going to check out your coupon blog. my blog is www.ericandgirls.blogspot.com
Post a Comment