The other day, I was home cutting coupons & organizing while Ben was out and I heard Toby come in through the "kitty door" in our laundry room. She came as far as the the entry way from the kitchen to the dining room and then stopped. This usually only means one thing. She's brought a lizard in with her. If she hadn't brought in a lizard she would have come into the living room and said hello - she's pretty predictable.
So I jumped up, as I usually do, and inspected the corner where she was. She gave me a meow that said "what? - I'm just chillin'...nothing is happening here, you can leave now." And of course, under further inspection, I found a HUGE lizard. I tried to catch him so I could free him outside but he was too quick and I was too lazy. So I let it go and told Toby to leave him alone too.
Of course she wouldn't. She tried her best to catch him but he squeezed himself in between some good will boxes I have set aside in there and eventually gave up.
Later, when Ben got home, we told him of our new live-in friend. Later that night, when Ben went to go get some crackers, he found this and of course we took a picture. He then ran back in the cupboard and we've not seen him since. We figure he's got enough food in there to stay alive but eventually will want a "real meal of flies and bugs" and will have to come out.
1 comment:
OH wow I would die if that was in my house!! you are crazy to leave it
Post a Comment