Well looky, looky it’s our 100th post! Who knew! So what do you do for a 100th post? I have no idea. But I’ll bore you with 100 items of bodacious randomness. (in no particular order)
1. I, Janelle, haven’t colored my hair in almost 6 years. (It’s true; I can’t believe I’ve gone that long!)
2. Years ago, Ben and I both thought each other was dead or seriously injured in the hospital at the EXACT same time ( we were both very healthy and alive) – since then, we’ve realized we can’t live without each other.
3. We’ve owned 4 cars and 2 scooters in the last 6 years and have only totaled 1, and had 1 stolen.
4. Since we’ve known each other, we’ve lived in 6 apartments and 1 house.
5. I’m all about a good bargain, and when I see one, I really struggle to not go hog wild.
6. I’ve had 2 WHITE hairs in the past 2 years! (I think it’s the same root)
7. I’ve never been pregnant though rumors have flown around multiple times over the years of my being pregnant (it has nothing to do with weight gain – I promise). Currently, if the rumors are true, I should be 7 months along (I’ll have to post a picture of my very NOT pregnant body).
8. Ben and I still weigh the same as when we got married (or close enough to it).
9. I told Ben when we were engaged, that one of my requirements of marrying him was that I could never weigh more than him – EXCEPT for when I was pregnant – which means that if I get chunky he had better gain weight too!
10. When we got married I had 4 wedding gowns in my closet – but only wore one – now I only have 3 and have worn 2.
11. I’m very outspoken and that really really really bothers some people.
12. At the same time, I’m a very very very reserved person until I get super comfy with you and then open up.
13. I handle all of our finances and pay all of our bills.
14. I love color…color on the walls, in the furniture in the rugs – I love color.
15. I seem to be on a green kick these days, which I didn’t notice until my husband pointed out that 3 of our rooms have been attacked with that color – our front room (on the walls) our living room (curtains) and our spare bedroom (bedding).
16. I bruise easily and RARELY remember how I got them!
17. I am OCD about keeping my fingernails clean and BEN hates it!
18. I don’t like to wear fingernail polish.
19. I can’t wear watches. Not because I don’t like them but because THEY don’t like me! Apparently I have too much iron in my blood or something but after a few weeks all watches will die if I wear them. Then after taking them off, a few days later start ticking again. WEIRD.
20. I wont answer my phone if I don’t recognize the phone number
21. Our ward has our phone numbers mixed up – mine is Ben’s and his is Mine and we’ve been too lazy to fix it. (Ben’s is 06, Mine is 07)
22. Ben and I believe that the big guy upstairs had something to do with us meeting – because we were both randomly in Florida, in the same stake with the same friends for NO REAL REASON and met each other.
23. I introduced myself to Ben, I asked him on our first date but he kissed me and he proposed.
24. I don’t care about diamonds or jewels and specifically asked that my wedding ring have none of them. Though I do like pearls but not in rings.
25. My company has a life insurance policy out on me – how cool is that!
26. I have dog treats in my spare room but don’t have a dog.
27. I have a fear of most dogs and avoid them at all costs. I hate having them jump on me and lick me …a jumping dog will have me backing up very very quickly.
28. My car is a 2005 and currently has 76,000 miles. I guess that’s what happens with you live in the LARGEST city land wise and when the temple and Disney are 2 hours away!
29. I am ALWAYS cold at church and bring a blanket with me….There is a reason for this but you’ll have to ask.
30. Ben and I have both been to Europe but at different times.
31. Ben and I have never taken a vacation since we got married. We always spend our free days with family or working on the house. (I’m not complaining, it’s just a fact).
32. Ben and I doddle for years on “big purchases” before we finally do it – and so far it’s always worked to our advantage and we’ve appreciated the items much much more. (TV, Furniture, Silverware, Remodeling, Beds etc.)
33. I got a raise this year which was very unexpected. Which we are very very grateful for since Ben isn’t working at all this year.
34. My dream car is a Karmann Ghia.
35. We (really me) name all of our cars. Right now, mine is Petie (pete-e), Ben’s is Sarah, our scooter is Sally and our last scooter (that was stolen) was Genevieve (the French pronunciation).
36. We had our first girls name picked out BEFORE we even got married. Amelie Christine.
Our second girl will be Genevieve (the French pronunciation) and we’ve not agreed rock solid on a boys name though we do have one that we both kind of like and one that I really like but Ben isn’t too excited (though he’s not tossed it out yet – so there is still hope).
37. I love the name “Flight” for a boy, but Ben is 100% against it.
38. I only started to wear make-up a year ago, and it only consists of mascara.
39. I am addicted to chapstick and generally have multiple tubes with me.
40. I love love love carmel corn and we get it EVERYTIME we find it for sale fresh. So far, my favorite is Dale & Thomas Chocolate Carmel Corn. Mmmm…I got this for the first and only time in NY Times Square. I ended up buying a few bags to take home.
41. I am addicted to Sees nut’s and chews and think all other chocolate is junk compared to it.
42. Because Ben and I are so narrow, I convinced him the last time we bought a bed to downsize to a full – and I love it! It’s perfect for us because we are each edge sleepers and can still be close. Ben doesn’t love it as much and will not let me convince him of this again!
43. Ben and I have NEVER shared covers because I learned on our honeymoon that he is a cover stealer….- he’ll reach over in the middle of the night (unknowingly) and steal my covers and wrap himself up in them…so we immediately upon coming home from our “honeymoon” created a YOUR COVERS & MY COVERS system.
44. Only recently (when I found an entire bedding set on clearance for $50 at LNT (originally $300!!) did I suggest we TRY to use the comforter that I had purchased (which I love, love, love). So far (we’re on week 2) it’s worked PERFECTLY (though Ben did have his suspicions)
45. I’ve recently learned since sharing covers with Ben that his is a human furnace!! (I’ve always known this but HOLY CROW) I used to sleep on cold nights with 4 blankets and sweat pants & a sweater and socks (I’m a cold person) and have now learned during those same cold nights that I wake up at 3 am drenched in sweat stripping off my PJ’s because Ben is so dang HOT…I also have so scoot as far away from him as possible (which is very hard in our bed).
46. I am a silent sleeper – meaning that the room must be silent for me to fall asleep. Any noise and my mind focus’ on that and starts to wander. I’ll be awake all night.
47. Ben likes to listen to music to fall asleep (a habit he picked up as a teenager) and now sleeps with his ipod & headphones. (I love compromise)
48. Neither Ben or I snore but Ben does think I breath heavy and have a whistle in my nose – I disagree.
49. I am the most out of shape person you’ll ever meet.
50. I prefer to drink water most of the time and Hate milk. Ben prefers to drink Milk all the time and hates water.
51. We found out in December that Ben does NOT have Lyme Disease. How did that go by without us posting about it…hum. Though he does still have the mark on the back of his head – which has now faded but is still there.
52. I liked the twilight books but hated the movie – seriously people, where did you learn to act..it was HORRIBLE but in a very funny way..I can easily watch it again with a bag of popcorn and some really ingenious narration on my part. (Hey I work with teen girls at church)
53. I only recently read the Harry Potter series and thought it was ok.
54. I currently have 20/20 vision (per my doctor) but Ben thinks I’m blind.
55. I LOVE my dentist and would recommend them to anyone! (though they are in deep Ponte 56. Vedra by Ruths Chris – about an hour drive with traffic from work).
57. I have a candy and gum drawer at work in which I sell gum and well..candy.
58. Ben and I are debt free except for our house and I am soo soo happy about it
59. I work with some of the most amazing women at church who put most people to shame when it comes to the term “hard worker.”
60. Every day after work, on my way to my car, I look out and see the river and am grateful for that little moment of peace and beauty.
61. I make others look really really tan when they walk next to me on the beach.
62. I am a gap girl and anytime the word “clothes shopping” comes up, Ben takes me to St. Augustine to the outlet mall where we ONLY shop one store.
63. I really suck at interior decorating. I can pick out furniture and paint all day long but when it comes to putting things ON the walls…YIKES..I run. Hence the reason that most of my walls are bare and I hate it.
64. Ben is a much much better cook than me and has been designated as our family cook. If he doesn’t cook, I eat a lot of cereal. The only exception to that rule is GENERALLY when we have company over, I’ll actually cook. (I can, I just choose not to, plus my brain is more of a bakers brain).
65. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
66. I cannot wait to move to MN. It’s something I constantly think about though it probably won’t be until summer of 2011 before that can happen.
67. I am looking for an electrician who is interested in doing some “side” work for us – does anyone know anyone who would be willing?
68. I don’t like jewelry and only about a year ago started to wear my wedding ring every day. Thus far, I’ve only gone 2 or 3 days in the past year without it. I finally feel naked without it. (took 5 years though).
69. My wedding ring is too big and has fallen off my finger multiple times in multiple places.
70. I love love love my hair stylist and only after seeing him for the first time 2 years ago did I actually start doing my hair in the mornings. He just made it sooo easy to do.
71. Ben has NEVER gotten a professional haircut in the entire time I’ve known him. He’s always cut it himself…though now I do the top.
72. Ben’s dream haircut is to buzz it all off….a cut/style I will never never never allow him to do. He had this after we started dating and I hated hated hated it.
73. While in line at the grocery store, I’m one of those people that flips through the magazines while waiting.
74.I love, love, love, love, love my house but still have a list a mile high of things I want to change about it.
75. Our cat Toby will always come, jump on your lap and get comfy as long as your whistling. She loves whistling.
76. Toby’s signal to come inside is three claps. We walk outside, clap three times and she usually comes running.
77. Toby is EXCELLENT as listening when it comes to curfew. If we tell her to be inside at 9:00 – she’ll be inside at 8:59…we love it and have no idea how she does it.
78. Toby is very demanding when it comes to treats at night. She gets THREE separate piles. One on the floor when we first come to bed, one at the end of the bed for when we read scriptures and one next to my pillow for prayer time. If she doesn’t get all her piles or feels that we were a bit “skimpy” with her she makes our lives a nightmare until she gets her way.
79. Toby’s POO bin is significantly larger than your normal litter bin. It’s one of the DEEPEST storage bins we could find because she pees with her bum in the air and has often gone right over the edge – but not anymore!
80. After our first date, I told myself that I wouldn’t go out with Ben again.
81. It was while watching the movie Ever After that I realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. One minute I was enjoying the movie the other minute it was like I was hit with a truck and started to cry. (Ben knew he wanted to marry me before I did)
82. We “technically” got engaged a week or two BEFORE we told anyone (right after the movie actually). I wore a tinfoil ring around my finger (in private) until he got me a real one – and throughout all of our moves have lost it..though I do have a picture of it.
83. I am a secretary for 10 months out of the year and a personal assistant for 2.
84. During those two months I travel to Colorado, leaving my husband behind.
85. During those two months I get a lecture EVERY Monday about how I shouldn’t be hiking alone or a lecture about how I only have 2 months to be in Colorado and shouldn’t spend it staying at home but outside enjoying the beauty around me. You just can’t win. Quite frankly I’m not comfortable and I don’t think Ben would appreciate it if I became best friends with the 22 year old cute male music student at church and hung out with him ever night and weekend and had hot tub parties with him. So – what’s a girl supposed to do? Hike alone! (which I really don’t mind because I’m super super slow and out of shape and the oxygen at that level is a killer!)
86. I’m an emailer and not a phone person. I hate to talk for hours on the phone but will shoot off 20 emails a day.
87. I need a few new book recommendations – got any?
88. I love fruit but hate most melons.
89. Three things I need in life – My husband, a good movie and a blanket.
90. What is the difference between virgin & extra virgin olive oil? Virgin olive oil denotes oil obtained from the fruit of the olive tree solely by mechanical or other means that cause no alteration or deterioration of the oil. No heat, no chemical interaction, no solvents, no radiation & no microwaves. Extra virgin olive oils must have an acidity of less than 1 percent and the organoleptic properties must rate at least 6.5 on an Italian tasting panel’s scale of 1 to 10. (Someone just asked).
91. I have never broken a bone.
92. I am grateful that my mother kept a journal. I have a scar on my right knee and always wondered how I got it. When I asked my mom she didn’t remember. A few years ago, she mailed me a part of her journal that told of how I fell off my bike and had to get stitches in my knee!
93. I hate big paper clips and always throw them away.
94. Ben and I are horrible – we always eat bedtime snacks.
95. I hate people who lie and rarely put up with them. If I catch you in a lie to me, you may never gain my trust again.
96. I hate fake people. Just spit it out, be real and honest with me and give it to me straight up. 97. Though, if I feel your being fake with me, I’ll return the favor and be fake back.
98. I am a sincere person, though I don’t think people believe me all the time. If I say something (we should get together, etc. etc.) I generally mean it.
99. I love love love to make a big deal about birthdays BUT get very uncomfortable when the same is returned.
100.What do you write for #100? I love my husband more than anything else and cannot live without him. I’ve also told him that if I should ever die, he CANNOT remarry – as he’s told me the same thing.
1 comment:
Whoa...now that was what I call an awesome post !
Post a Comment