Friday, August 28, 2009

Something Different

There are some days that I just want to have someone tell me of a REALLY cool site that I don't know but should. Today is one of those days. I've stumbled upon a few different sites and quite frankly have added them to my new favorites. Perhaps you've had one of those days where you just want someone to tell you about something REALLY cool that you didn't know about but should!

So here we go. Get ready to enjoy a few of my favorite treasures.

Swagbucks - (click the link in the upper right corner of my page and I'll get credit for referring you!)

This site is FABULOUS! It's a simpler version of google, (meaning search engine) which not only gets you to the page you're looking for, but PAYS you to do it! Yep - I said it! They'll give you "swagbucks" for surfing the net! You wont win every time but often enough to keep you interested. Rack up 45 swagbucks (which is fairly easy to do) and you can cash them in for a $5 Amazon gift card (which is one of the best bangs for your bucks offers they have). Thus far I have earned enough swagbucks for $25 at Amazon. Again - totally free and easy!


Are you a crafty sort of person who loves to snag AMAZING ideas from others? Then Erin is queen bee. I love her site. She scraps, sews and quilts and is all around extraordinarily crafty. Check out her creations sometime and get ready to be amazed! Like her work - contact her and I'm sure she'll be able to whip something up for you!


Ahhh...Have you ever found yourself in the classic, FABULOUS dress that's too short category and just can't quite walk away? Check out Vintage Hem and discover that your problem is a simple fix away. This site is all about the slip and how to jazz up your too short outfit. Sneak on over and see what they have to offer and I'm sure you'll soon discover that you can pull off just about any outfit. OR even better, if you need a way to jazz up the boring dress your wearing to the Christmas party AGAIN, snag one of their slips and turn your Sunday dress into a Party Dress in seconds!


Need a good laugh? Want to boost your self esteem when it comes to cake decorating? Have no fear. As long as you don't make these cake disasters, you'll be just fine!


This site is crafty, cute, inspiring and well worth a visit for anyone with children. I've enjoyed my time on this site and have come away with some really fun ideas! It has a little bit of everything and I'm sure you'll love it just as much as I do!


At first glance, this seems a bit cheesy and uninteresting. But give it a shot. One cute idea I saw long ago was to type in your family names along with certain things that make your family unique. Use different sizes and colors and it would make a great wall hanging. I just wish I could find where I once saw this - because it was a really cute idea. Anyway, have fun and be creative.

Ebates www.ebates.com

Ever shop online? Why not shop through ebates and get a % back of what you spend! This website is WONDERFUL! Every time I shop online for work or personal, I ALWAYS go through ebates! So far, I've earned about $165 cash back just for doing what I was already going to do! I love this site and think any avid online shopper should too!


Talk about crafty cooking! I love these ideas and am VERY tempted to try some of them. This is a VERY recent find and thus far, I'm in love! I just know your mouth will water as soon as you check it out too!

This is a site I stumbled upon last year and have enjoyed since. scroll through her personal stuff to get to the crafty items. She is super crafty and worthy of copying! She also has some great ideas for gifts and presents that seem simple and chic!

And last...my all time NEWEST favorite!

Shabby Apple Dresses - http://www.shabbyapple.com/

I can't tell you how many times I've googled "modest dresses" and come up with junk. I've spent YEARS looking for a site like this and alas, I've found it! FINALLY a dress site that not only has some of the most fabulous dresses in the world but they are ALL modest! I'm in love! I think Ben's life just became a whole lost easier when it comes to shopping for me - all he has to do is stop here and I'll be in heaven! (you can only wear so many cardigans over a dress before it becomes really mundane...plus they take away from the dress itself!) No more cardigans just pure delightfulness!

There are many more sites that I love, but this will do for now!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

YES, "Our Best Bites" has AMAZING recipes! (they are a little time consuming, though) It's my sister's friend's blog. You can't go wrong with any of the recipes. The "Taco Chicken" is my FAVE right now!!