Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rifle Falls

So i was googling "Best Day Trips from Aspen" and found a recommendation for Rifle Falls, which is about an hour and half from Aspen. I decided why not as I always enjoy a new adventure. So off I went and fell in love. When I first arrived, the parking lot was full and I was told to come back later.

The guard told me about a rock climbers paradise up the road which would be a great spot to go while I waited. So I drove up there and WOW. That place was amazing. It really was a rock climbers paradise and there were tons of climbers out. There was also some very pretty country and tons of camping sites.

After about an hour (no photos of that btw) I came back and found a spot. Below are pictures of Rifle falls. I've determined that one day, when we have kids, live in MN and go on road trips to UT to visit the family, I really want to drive through CO (as I'm in LOVE with CO) and camp here. It's officially on my top 10 list of places to come with a family. Then again..it's the ONLY place on my top ten list for now. So I now present to you Rifle falls & caves. Perfect for small kids and big kids (like me).










2 comments:

Ben said...

so everyone knows, Janelle is posting under my name because she has filled up her accounts photo capacity! She's got no room to upload! HA... delete!!!

Nonna said...

Janelle,

What a great trip you all had ! I was so happy to see your sweet comment on my blog today and came by to say hi !
LOL,
Lynn