If there is one thing I'm known for, it's being a klutz. I run into walls, trip over air and fall down just about everyones stairs (including my own). Luckily, this trait was not (or so I thought) passed down to Amelie. Amelie has always had excellent balance and has never been klutzy - well until now.
Here we are at the beginning of Monday. Smiles, and funny faces and lots of photos per Amelie's request...
And here we are just a few short hours later sad and crying because Amelie fell off her bike for the first time EVER. It was her first Klutz moment. Her first bike accident. Her first run in with pavement. Luckily, she survived with only a few scrapes on her head (which looked much worse the next day).
Amelie and I were walking around our neighborhood. Her to get some energy out and me in hopes of helping baby progress. I could feel that the baby had dropped. And that morning I had helped a friend clean her kitchen as she packed up her home to move. Sadly, we were having so much fun on our walk with chasing each other that Amelie lost control of her bike on a small hill and went face first down. My heart broke seeing her laying there crying. I gathered her up in my arms and we sat there for a few minutes as she calmed herself down. She then asked me to carry her home (and her bike) and so as uncomfortable as it was to carry an extra 35 pounds on my already large belly, it was worth it as it brought so much comfort to her.
She's well now, though she still has a red mark on her cheek where the worst scrape was and I will be forever grateful that it wasn't worse.


No comments:
Post a Comment