So here I am...officially at Rudi after a 45 minute drive. ;) As you'll see from the pictures I had a great day. First was Rudi then a bit of off roading in a state forest - I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into as I was alone and exploring all around but with a bit of curiosity and a lot of adventure - I decided to see what my rental X-Terra could do. On the way I passed these funky building type things - anyone know what they are for?
Above you'll see a few cows blocking the road - and some AMAZING landscape. It was really quite breathtaking and a PERFECT place for good rock climbing. There were a few trails that were obstacle courses but I have to give the X-Terra an A+ for getting me everywhere I wanted to go. I was driving over boulders and ditches and all kinds of stuff and at times the car would hesitate but eventually do as I told. :)
Also does anyone understand that sign. I was taking a side road off of the side road off of a main trail and came across this sign...HUH? It was on a gate blocking the way and reads public access - please close gate? So does that mean get out - open the gate - go through and then close it again? I just turned around...which ended up being somewhat of an 8 point turn as I was on the side of a cliff with mountain on the other side. It was really a GREAT adventure..now only if I had someone to share it with...
1 comment:
Please close gate: Means exactly what you described.
The general rule is leave the gate as you find it.
In this case, it is marked.
stop, open gate, drive through, stop, close gate, drive on.
I think those are the limestone kilns: There are additional charcoal kilns father up the road heading for hagerman pass.
Great area for exploring, eh?
Post a Comment