Saturday, August 30, 2008

Service Project Gone Bad

Last night, Ben and I got a call on our way to the store that a family at our church needed some help.  Apparently a tree fell on their house during the storm and they needed to move everything from two rooms out of the house so the construction crew could get started the next day.  We told them about what time we could be there and finished our shopping.  When we arrived at the agreed upon time it ended up taking about an hour to move most of the furniture into a pod in their front yard.  I helped a little but really couldn't do too much as it was mainly heavy lifting so I stayed in the house most of the time.

So after about a half hour, I began to notice a mosquito or two...then my legs began to burn.  I started to count and counted about 5 bites.  A while later I told Ben that I wouldn't last much longer as my legs were really beginning to burn.

By the time we got home (after an hour total of being there) we began to count and counted 31 bites!  31 mosquito bites on my legs, arms and chest. Woo Hoo!  As my husband would tell me.... at least you can never say no one likes you!  So for your viewing pleasure a few quick snaps of my legs this morning.  Enjoy!







No comments: