So Tina, her friend Gus and I went out for a night on the town. It had rained all day so it was a pretty sorry looking evening but we made the most of it. We started off by visiting the John Denver Memorial Park. Then Gus insisted we visit Woody Creek Tavern - a must see for any visitor to Aspen...and I can't believe I didn't get a picture of it...then we took off to Basalt to a restaurant called Crave - which his ex-son-in-law owns for desert. It was a fabulous night.
So at this park most of John Denver's songs are inscribed on huge boulders with a bit of an amphitheatre feel to the area around. It's right next to a branch of the Roaring fork river.
In the first picture Tina told me I was smiling too much and to have respect..so this is my "respect for the dead" photo. Then me smiling at the coolness of this place and then you'll see me and part of Tina as we were singing - really belting out at the top of our lungs and really off key to one of the songs (which of, I only knew half the words). It was really fun.
1 comment:
I love your black flats, I have a pair just like them! I just think it's great that even across the country from each other, we are still dressing somewhat alike. :) Glad you are keeping some fun in your life in Colorado!
Kate
Post a Comment