For those of you who are not familiar with my Halloween Costume, let me introduce you. I am a chicken. A few years ago, I was looking for the perfect Halloween costume, and came across this. I laughed so hard that I had to buy it. And since then, it's been my costume. Now what you can't see is that my beak is crooked and I actually have chicken feet. There are actually chicken feet that I slip my shoes into to finish off the costume. Once upon a time, I also had orange gloves, but those have since gone missing. Now I just need to find another pair of orange mittens to truly complete the outfit.
We don't get trick or treaters at our house so we go to our local church "trunk or treat" and pass out candy there. I usually walk around attempting to not run over kids (because I can't see very well) and pass out what I like to call "Chicken Fingers" to all the adults. Each year I make shortbread cookies that look like a witches finger with warts and all. They are very tasty and truly do look like a finger.
So then come all the jokes...I give people the finger, I offer people broken fingers and of course I being a chicken, like to pass out "chicken" fingers. Ha ha ha!
As I was passing out my chicken fingers, I walked over to the Hot Dog area to find someone and discovered a new friend. This little guy who couldn't have been more than two or three was obsessed with my costume. He was so intrigued by it that he followed me everywhere. His family thought it was pretty funny, I was a bit worried as I'd never seen the kid before and his parents allowed him to follow me everywhere without what seemed a second thought. I'm not sure I'd be that trusting. I think I'd be a bit more "chicken" to allow my children to follow a stranger in a mask around. Either way, he was super cute and I was touched that he loved the costume so much.
After finally having a chat with my new friend that he had to stay with his mom and dad I wondered back to my car to find that not only did I have an admirer, but so did Ben. Ben does not dress up for Halloween. We just haven't found the perfect outfit yet. So he sits in our decorated trunk and passes out candy. When I arrived back at the car, he had a lady bug sitting there next to him and helping him pass out candy. This little lady bug I think is 3 years old and one of the most adorable little girls you've ever seen, and best of all, she adores Ben. Then later he attracted another little girl who is 5 or 6 I believe, and he sat there in the trunk with two little girls passing out candy to all the chicken treaters around.
It was a good night by all with a quick stop off at Walgreens on the way home! What a great Halloween. Now..if only we can come up with a GREAT costume for Ben.
No comments:
Post a Comment