Happy Birthday to me. My birthday was fairly uneventful. I went to work as usual, then came home, went out to dinner with Ben, came home, went out for ice cream, came home, played video games on the wii.
What made my birthday special wasn't the fact that we went to a great restaurant, or got an amazing piece of cake or ice cream...it was this little thing my hubby did to make my day extra special.
For those of you who are unaware, Ben speaks French. A language I never had any interest in. I took Spanish in high school and a semester of German before I took off for Europe. But somehow married a guy who speaks French. One of my ultimate goals is to now learn the language and to one day teach it to my hypothetical children so that they can be bilingual. Yea for Bilingual children!!
In order to do that I have to actually learn the language. So I've been asking him for what seems like years (and probably has been) to put up signs around the house of what things are. So when I got home he had our kitchen and a few other spots in the house labeled for me. But he didn't just type them up and stick them all over the yard, he "scraped" them with pink boarders
I have a great husband don't I? He also gave me a "shopping spree" at Gap - my favorite store. Which I got 3 pairs of work pants at 75% off! YEA for me!
3 comments:
Sweet !
Unlike some other foreign languages, you can say anything in French, Italian or Spanish and it sounds romantic...unless you understand any them !
Bon anniversaire! Ton mari est tres gentil!
Happy belated birthday!! What a great day. Those gifts of yourself and thoughtfulness mean so much. Way to go Ben! Next time we see you we will be excited to hear some french!! All of you pictures are so great. Keep posting.
Post a Comment