We took off on a Sunday afternoon and headed for Atlanta. As mentioned in an earlier post, we really want to teach Amelie the importance of the temple. So any chance we get, we will go to one (even if it's a bit out of the way). So alas, our trip became somewhat of a temple sight seeing trip.
Temple #4 for Amelie: Atlanta (Remember, it's Sunday and Closed).
Monday, after lunch we stopped at a park to let Amelie get some of her energy out. She LOVED it and was so sad to leave.
Temple #5 for Amelie was the Nashville, TN Temple. (It's a Monday, and closed for FHE).
That night, there was swimming! This girl LOVES to swim!!
We then headed onto St. Louis and stopped for a tour of the arch. We saw it from a distance, saw it up close, touched it and even went inside to the top!
We can't leave St. Louis without going to the temple! This time we were able to walk on the beautiful grounds. Amelie was DYING to play in the fountain, but was able to restrain herself. I love the photo below and want to add a caption to the top that says "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday." This was Temple #6 for her.
Our next stop took us to Independence, MO. We stopped at the LDS visitors center and I met a sister missionary who was from Camas, WA! Though we didn't know each other, it's always nice to find someone who knows where I grew up!
Though not an actual built temple, I still count this as Temple #7. The foundation stones for the temple that were laid so long ago before the mormons were kicked out of Independence with an extermination order on their heads.
More swimming... VERY cold water.
Another park. Pure paradise to this girl!
Time for one last snack before we arrive at our new home in Fort Collins, CO!!














No comments:
Post a Comment