Thursday, January 24, 2013

Salon Amelie

I am not a girlie girl.  I don't wear makeup, I don't do my hair, and I certainly do NOT wear nail polish. In fact I hate it.  It drives me INSANE to have nail polish on my fingers.  Toes, I don't care about, but fingers, HATE nail polish on them.  

However, I try REALLY REALLY hard to help Amelie experience all things, even those that I hate.  Like fish for example.  She's had Tuna fish, which in our house is a BIG deal.  Ben and I don't eat any seafood but we are trying to introduce Amelie to it so she doesn't just dismiss it.  

So one day, we were at Walmart, I saw the nail polish and decided to let Amelie pick one out to paint our nails.  She choose a clear polish with blue sparkle flakes.  

I started by doing all of her nails.  She was SOOOOO good. I was shocked at how patient she was and how flat she kept her fingers.  

Then it was her turn.  She painted my finger nails and toe nails.  She even blew on each nail to dry them!  She LOVES her nails all covered up and has even asked to touch up the nails that are some how  barren again.  :)  It was a fun girl day and for Amelie I can stand to wear nail polish for a while.







No comments: