Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snow Day and our new friend Alicia

We woke up to snow this morning - a bit of a surprise, but Amelie LOVES the snow - for a good 30 minutes, and then she's done.  

She insisted on making a snow girl named Alicia (spanish version thanks to Diego).  Anywho, this meant MOM made a snowgirl and Amelie played in the snow.  She did however help me carry the head - well until she threw it and it split in two and I had to repair it.  But she did help.  :)

After it was assembled, she was quite worried that we didn't have arms.  There were ZERO branches anywhere.  So I used so left over celery sticks and that made everyone happy.  Amelie because her snowgirl had arms.  Ben because he didn't have to eat the horrid celery and Me - well, maybe the birds will eat it - or maybe we'll get written up for stinky food in our front yard.  Either way, spending time with little miss was worth every moment! 

A final photo you ask, I'd love to say, why yes, I did take one of our master piece (which doesn't have anything but arms) but I didn't, because as soon as the arms were in, Amelie insisted we go in (thank goodness, I was soaking wet - my snow pants leaked) and I forgot about the photo.  And unfortunately I don't think Alicia will make it through the night.  This evening, one of her arms had fallen off and she was tilted 90 degrees forward ready to do a face plant at any moment.  

However if she is still standing tomorrow (which it's supposed to be sunny and warm) I'll take a photo.



No comments: