Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'm So Married!

Last Saturday one of my projects that I really wanted to get done was to get Sally (our scooter) up and running.  It was Sally's FIRST winter OUTSIDE with SNOW.  I was VERY skeptical that we could get her up and running ourselves.  However, after only a matter of minutes and Ben's magic touch, he was able to get her up and going.  I was, er, AM soooooo excited.  Now we just need to get her a new battery so that I can get her started with the automatic start (and not have to do a kick start - which I am far too weak to do).   

When Amelie woke up from her nap I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride on Sally.  Last year she developed a fear of the scooter and so we were hoping we could work past that fear this year and get her to do a few rides with us.  Amelie hesitantly said yes she'd do a ride but ONLY if she could sit on Ben's lap.  Seeing as how that is NOT the safest position for her to be in, Ben only drove her from the front yard, to the back yard while Amelie held on tight to his arms.  We were so proud of her being brave and think we may just be able to convince her to sit between us (if there is room with my big belly) and go for a ride around the block - with helmets of course.  

After our quick ride, we went to the park to feed the ducks.  They love our old bread and we love to feed them.  Right across the pond from the ducks is a park and so we of course had to play for a bit and stretch our legs.  Afterwards, we went to dinner and Amelie picked a flower.  Ben suggested putting it behind her ear which she thought was a great idea.

With the flower behind her ear, she told us "I'm so Married!"  Ben and I have no idea what that means or where she got it.  But she continued to say it over and over for the next hour every time she thought of or touched the flower.  My only guess is that since we've recently been to TWO weddings, and both brides had flowers, she associates flowers and being married.  So remember if you have a flower behind your ear, You are so married too!














No comments: