Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We're Running Out of Firsts

I was waiting until her 3rd birthday - but with her dislike of pony tails and piglets and clips rarely stay in for longer than an hour, something needed to be done.  Amelie has NEVER had a haircut.  NEVER.  She'll be 3 in a month and half and I keep putting it off.  However, Ben and I both agreed that it was time.  So I scoured review boards and found a salon here in town that got awesome reviews.  I then made an appointment for Amelie and I to get haircuts together.  I was super nervous about the cut though.  Not because of her, but because her hair is SOOOOOO fine.  Her hair is newborn baby fine.  And EVERY little cut will show.  So I knew super cuts or the likes would not be good enough.  We needed someone with experience on super fine hair.  

She saw her Grandma Bowen get a haircut when we visited last month and knew what to expect.  We hyped up her being a big girl and that we DO NOT cut our own hair.  She understood everything and was excited for the big day.  She did SOOOOOOOO well.  I was beyond happy.  No tears, no fears, good listener and held still.  Snip, snip, snip and down went those lovely locks that had been there since birth.  We really didn't cut very much off, but just shaped it mainly.  And it looks GREAT.  She still looks like my same Amelie and she really likes her hair.  After her cut, she and Ben went over to a little bakery cafe close by to get a treat while Mom got her hair cut.  We decided for similar hair cuts.  So off went about 8 inches of mine into a short bob.  Unfortunately our camera died and so we'll have to show off our matching cuts another day.

Then tonight, as a reward for being so brave and good, I let her do shaving cream art.  I charged the camera batter for about 5 minutes so I could get a few quick snaps.  You can see for the most part what her hair looks like now.  Unfortunately I didn't take a before shot.  :(  However, if you have been blog stocking us, you'll be able to see plenty of before pictures.  The flip in her hair was a result of her nap.   I decided that since she has my head shape, which equals NO FOREHEAD, that bangs would in general be a bad idea.  So this cutie, like her mom, is sporting the no bang look.






No comments: