Monday, July 29, 2013

Friday Friday...

Friday I woke up feeling like poo.  I had ZERO energy and just by walking down the stairs I was completely out of breath.  My iron is SUPER low during this pregnancy (something I'll be discussing with my doc.) and I have been worn out, out of breath and exhausted for a good portion of the last two months.  So what do you do when you just don't feel great?  Baking Soda Art!  This kept Amelie busy for a good 45 minutes and Bella for a good 30 minutes.  Simple, cheap and requires ZERO work from mom once it's all set up.

After our art project, we went for a walk.  I was feeling better and Amelie was itching to show Grandma her new biking skills.  After we got back, the girls played with bubbles outside - UNTIL - they heard the ice cream man.  Amelie has never gotten a treat from an ice cream truck.  Actually I don't think I have either.  Anyway, since it wasn't the most exciting day on the books, we decided to splurge and get each of the girls a special treat.  Bella choose Batman.  Amelie choose Bratz - or as we called it - Princess treat.  

Unfortunately it was a HOT day and Amelie is a slow eater.  So hers was melting faster than she could eat it.  So she asked me to clean it up (lick the edges and stop the dripping) for her.  Something we do on a regular basis.  However, her ice cream was so soft that one lick from me and the entire thing ended up on the ground.  I was able to salvage a gumball eye though.  Poor kid was devastated and I felt bad too.

Then once Ben got off of work, we all went bowling.  Amelie, my girl with music in her veins, was dancing up a storm to every song and both girls had a great time (especially since there was a snack involved.  

We were also excited that everyone got to see the GIANT wind mill propellers that often stop by our home.  Amelie really wanted to show Bella them and her wish was granted!























No comments: