Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Amazing Wizard Amelie

Several months ago, I found a wizard magic set on clearance at Target.  I thought to myself, one day Amelie will really like this.  She's seen it sitting around and has asked several times to do the activity and I've found several excuses not to do it.  I'm not sure why I didn't want to or why I was hesitant but you can only say no so many times.

So we set a goal for Amelie and after meeting that goal she got the wizard set as a reward! We were so proud of her.  

The first thing we did was to start on her wand (which takes an hour to do).  After her wand we made her wizard's hat.  Lots of stickers and special tape (at her request) later and it's great!

Then we made a magic wishing tube, volcanoes and a few other fun things.  

There are still several activities we didn't get to yet and will do them again soon.  However Wizard Amelie wanted to put on a show for us.  So we went into the Living room, she stood on a towel (as I was folding laundry before our activity) and said "Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to now show you a cool trick!"  I was quite shocked and asked Ben where she learned how to address an audience.  He was as baffled as I was by the words coming out of her mouth.  However, it was beyond adorable and we loved every minute.  After about 10 minutes of show, she turned herself into a Kitty Cat (what wondrous magic!) and did the entire show again as a cat.  








No comments: