Thursday, October 17, 2013

The best gift anyone could give!

Having only been a parent to one child, my understanding of how to best support mothers with multiple children is non-existant.  But my eyes have been opened because of my amazing neighbor Michelle.  Michelle does not yet have children, but she is one of the most insightful, thoughtful and kindest people I know.  One day, shortly after getting home from the hospital, Michelle informed me that she wanted to kidnap Amelie one morning so that I could sleep in.  

As a sleep deprived mother of two now, mornings are extra rough.  The saying of "sleep when baby sleeps" no longer applies.  Especially since your older child no longer takes naps.  So after only 4 hours of sleep (if you're lucky) you have to then care for your 3 year old when she wakes up and somehow survive the day without losing your cool.  

So to have someone kidnap your child so you can "sleep when baby sleeps" is a dream come true.  Something I never thought of before but now am well aware of.

Michelle took Amelie to the CSU campus to a bird refuge where she got to see a bald eagle and other birds.  They also walked along a nature trail and went to a park.  Amelie LOVED every moment (as you can see) and I loved the extra sleep!  

Thank you!!













No comments: