Friday, November 1, 2013

Smiles and Cookies

For the past week, this face has become a regular in our house.  Ephram smiles ALL THE TIME.  My first thought was gas.  Most babies smile when they pass gas.  However, he smiles so much that I can hardly believe he has that much silent gas happening.  Especially since he's so vocal about his gas passing.  We LOVE LOVE LOVE his smiles and even his laugh.  He generally laughs in his sleep and it is ADORABLE!





On Halloween Eve, we decided that we had better make sugar cookies to take to all of our neighbors as a special Happy Halloween treat from us.  So Amelie took the reigns.  She made the cookie dough, cut out all the shapes and even helped scoop them up and put them on the cookie sheet.  I then baked them (as she's not yet allowed to use the oven) and then I frosted and she decorated.  She did a GREAT job. And we made enough for 6 families with about 10 left for us to nibble on - aka Amelie licks the frosting off and mom eats the cookies.   I have found that this kind of activity is a win-win-win activity.
Win 1:  Amelie is entertained for a good 2+ hours (for entire process).
Win 2:  Mom gets to eat yummy sugar cookies - seriously I love this recipe for both cookie and frosting.
Win 3:  Because mom is a pig and can't stop herself, all the neighbors get cookies too!

Plus Amelie LOVES to surprise our neighbors with yummy treats.  She always insists on coming and has to be the one to pass the goodies along.  And I'm pretty sure our neighbors know Amelie's soft knock by now and that any random knock on the door after 8 pm is 99% of the time us with goodies!

Plus the best part is that we are - through example - instilling in Amelie the importance of getting to know your neighbors and serving others through our talents (which just happen to be baking!).  Everyone wins!





No comments: