Birthdays for adults in our house are just another day. Nothing special happens, no gifts are exchanged and in general life just goes on.
So imagine my surprise when I get a knock on my door, open it and am told to close my eyes. My neighbor and friend Michelle, runs into my house, to the kitchen and then tells me I can open my eyes and close the door but may not enter the kitchen.
A minute later, she walks out of our kitchen with a homemade carrot cake with 32 blazing candles. Talk about surprised! I couldn't believe it. I was and am completely touched at how incredibly thoughtful she is! She then ran out the door just as quickly as she came.
For those of you who do not know Michelle, having her bake for me is a very rare treat. Michelle is a really great cook, but not someone I think of as a Baker. And to be honest, didn't even know she owned a cake pan! But here she was baking for me. And not just baking, she made me her MOTHER's carrot cake. Something she's not made since her mother passed away several years ago.
So now you can begin to understand how incredibly special it was to have her bake for me.
VERY SPECIAL.
So now that I've told you about how little Michelle bakes, let me say this. That cake, was AMAZING. Seriously AMAZING. So amazing that I ate the ENTIRE THING in less than 3 days. Amelie and Ben ate some (as in a 4" piece) and I ate the ENTIRE CAKE.
Definitely didn't lose any weight this week and may have even gained a few because I just couldn't stop myself. SOO GOOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment