So today we were asked to speak in church. Oh the joys that brings. On top of that, I was teaching nursery too. So we were all up early so that we'd remember all our supplies and activities and to finish the final tweaks on our talks etc. Well because we were up and ready and motivated today, we were ready to go much too early. So Ben whipped out the guitar and we sang songs. Amelie sang all her favorite songs and even played the guitar too. She's really quite good at keeping on beat.
So after church, and surviving our talks, which went pretty good, and after we all took naps, we decided to introduce Amelie to her first seafood ever. Ben and I are not seafood people. I wont eat any of it but Ben has been know to do tunafish every few years. So I bought a bunch of different Tuna Fish and even a salmon to introduce her to it.
Amelie looking at the tuna trying to figure out what it is.
Our first tentative bite.
And the reaction. Not great. I think of it like broccoli. At first Amelie hated broccoli and after trying it over and over LOVES it. BEGS for it when we walk into any grocery store. So maybe Tuna will be the same way.
So I blame having to speak today with my messing my finger up. This morning as I was trying to rush around and get ready, I realized that my lips are beyond dried out. I'm am constantly using chap stick and lotion because my body has not adjusted to the dryer weather (low humidity). So as I was digging in one of my make up bins (that I NEVER EVER use) to find a new tube of chap stick, lo and behold I discovered several opened razors in the same bin! And wouldn't you know, as I was digging through the bin (before I realized about the razors) I sliced the skin right off my pinkie finger! Seriously who does that?!
The best part though was once I realized what I had done, and once the blood started to rush to the surface and once I was able to scream out to Ben to get a bandaid, little miss Ams came and saw my owie too. She insisted on a bandaid for my owie and then ran to my bedroom, pulled my blanket off the bed and brought it to me for comfort. I was amazed and touched at her sweet gesture during my time of need.
So after our Tuna fail and other mish mash of random foods for dinner, Amelie decided it was time to multi-task. Read AND ride her bike. Seriously I love this kid. She's really the most amazing blessing! How did I get soooo lucky to have her and Ben? It doesn't seem fair to the rest of the world that I get so much awesomeness and they don't.


1 comment:
Amelie is so super cute! hope that you all are doing well out in CO :)
Post a Comment