In our church we do something called Family Home Evening (FHE). Essentially it's one evening every week that you spend as a family doing games, lessons, activities etc. Tonight was officially our first FHE. We've been slackers and will tell ourselves that we spend EVERY evening together, so what's the difference, but tonight, we called it our official FHE. Our plans changed slightly from what we were originally going to do, but all worked out great!
Our lesson tonight was on Sharing - the same topic we talked about in Nursery on Sunday. I had some finger paints and we talked about how I like to share and want to share my paints with Amelie and daddy. So we all finger painted (Crayola mess free finger paints - they were on clearance at Walmart).
Then we talked about my new dry erase board. And how I wanted to share my board with Amelie and daddy. (Amelie is writing her name - Again, clearance at Walmart).
Then we talked about how Grandma and Grandpa Heath shared their donut mixes and pan with us. And we made donuts for our treat. Amelie helped with pouring the mix into the pans. As I was shaking the still powder soon to be icing baggie, the entire thing exploded all over me. I have no idea how that happened! Alas, Ben was there to take a few pics. We were able to salvage half the icing bag! Overall it was a great lesson, with a very yummy treat at the end (with sprinkles of course!)






1 comment:
Janelle - I LOVE the pics & updates!!! Thanks for sharing!! - Julia
Post a Comment